Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My All-Time Favorite Buck - A Memorable Hunting Story

Hey fellow hunters! I just wanted to share my all-time favorite hunting story with you all. Among all the amazing bucks I've managed to bag, there's one that stands out above the rest. I spent 14 consecutive days hunting for this buck before finally encountering him in the midst of chasing a doe on November 9th 1998 in Jasper County, GA.

Here's a funny detail about that day's hunt. I had climbed down from my tree stand around 11:00 am to stealthily move through some planted pines. Suddenly, a large doe sprinted right toward me, coming within mere feet before realizing there was an obstacle in her path. With a swift move, she dodged around me and continued her sprint as if her life depended on it. That's when I heard it - the unmistakable grunting of a buck, trailing roughly 30 yards behind her.

He spotted me rather quickly as he came following up behind her, but as he turned, I had the perfect quartering-away shot at about 25 yards. The buck went down instantly! My dad and I had a truly unforgettable celebration that day.

Uploaded files:
  • You need to login to have access to uploads.

There are some fascinating deadlines in this article but I don?t know if I see all of them center to heart. There may be some validity but I will take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as nicely Instagream